After last night’s episode of Mad Men (“Field Trip”) – awkward! – we’d expect Don to run for a stiff one. The idea that one of the strings attached to making a return at Sterling Cooper & Partners is that he’s not allowed to drink in the office already makes it a challenge. The other criteria: He is not to be alone with clients; he must stick to the script in meetings; he will have Lane’s old office, where Lane hung himself; and, yikes, he must report to Lou!
What we think after last night’s episode:
1. Betty should definitely not be a stay at home mom – she should stay as far away from her children as possible.
2. We love Megan, but – a couple cracks in the facade – we worry there may be a Valley of the Dolls scenario in her future.
3. Those people at SC&P don’t deserve the greatness that is Don Draper… and they are definitely setting him up for failure!
4. How does Matt Weiner make the word “O.K.” so powerful?!?!
5. Get “Mad Men Stiff One” apparel and merchandise – and much more – at the official Mad Men store: http://www.goldlabel.com/mad-men